Monday, June 1, 2009

2600 miles ...... a long way from NY

Here I sit in my hotel room at the Suncoast in Vegas anxiously awaiting a return to national professional competition after almost 2 years hiatus. I bowl in 6 hours(the ungodly hour of 7 am)and for the first time, I feel that my health is not in the way of success! I already slept 3 1/2 hours......and anticipating getting up in time.

Its very difficult being without Martha for this leg of the senior tour.........she is my love, my sponsor, and the greatest support system anyone could ever ask for. I was very lucky that I finally followed through on the ad at Love@aol so many years ago!

Marisa moves into her new apartment tomorrow......as she said to me today on the phone, she is returning to her roots in Jamaica area of Queens. I hope that she makes it a place of peace, tranquility, and good Karma. She deserves a good break.........I'm optimistic that everything will work out for her (from my lips to God's ears). Liz sounds like all is going well in her and Scott's life in the UK......I am proud of ALL my children......... whether i've known them all of their lives, or only for the past 7 years.

Sorry I haven't kept up with my posts......but its very hard to drive cross country and type a blog at the same time,,,,,,although I'm sure that i have seen some motorists do even more than that. Time to get a few hours more sleep before roll call at 6:30 am........aaargh.

I'll write more as the tournament progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment