Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Long Drive Home

I will leave Las Vegas sometime later today........its almost midnight here. I am beaten, but not defeated.....YET! The past two weeks were an eye opener for me; I have never been so disappointed with myself...... I have become a house hack, bowling only in DPB and Wantagh. I do not bowl tournaments......other than PBA Senior National events and some PBA East Regionals (1 last year, 2 so far this year). For the record......I did not shoot +161 Tuesday nor did I do that today......I remained in the red, although there were guys that finished quite a bit worse than I did.........but I'm sure that they do not have the experience I have, nor the success I achieved before I got sick.

My beautiful wife/life partner has totally encouraged me; supporting my bowling "habit", believing in my reaching for my dream. I will continue to work on what needs to be "fixed"; bowl the senior regional in July at Turnersville, and bowl 4 of the 5 remaining PBA senior events in August. I am very competition rusty and need to compete in order to compete (if that makes sense).

Although I'm sad and disappointed, I am looking forward to having my arms around my wife......I love her so much and need her so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment